Model for the day: NYOKI TATES
PROCRASTINATION NATION? I RULE IT
It was through one of my ruling sessions A.K.A doing everything else but what i need to do; That I luckily came upon my Model for the day.
Neatly Coiffed, calm and dressed completely in Black from head to toe except for the purple folder on the bench (which i must say gave a nice touch to the pic). She evoked the image of simplistic elegant. Effortless & Timeless. And then, you already know it… I just had to ask for permission to snap away
First i spoke to her for a few reasons…
- It is not often i see girl dress this appropriate on my school campus and still pull it off elegantly and effortlessly
- THIS IN ALL HONESTY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT (I was dying to know where that dress and shoe came from).
- I have been working on an upcoming blog post for many Black on Black head to toe looks and i just had to get her permission.
- She was just there elegantly (by now, you know i love the word elegance) with a crazy squirrel running around behind the bench unbeknownst to her. I was trying to see if i could get the squirrel in action while taking her pic
- is just that amazing and nice to let me take her picture. Such a Great Sport… (This is me indirectly indicating i will like to use her for another article if she so happens to read this 🙂 )
WHOLE ENSEMBLE FROM TJ MAXX
It is easy to achieve this look. one just has to remember that you don’t actually have to spend a million bucks to look like one.
A nice little black dress, Nice black pumps always chose one that is comfortable) and some sheer tights.
The dress already has the bejeweled collar so that is a plus and no need for extra necklace. You don’t want to over do it. Goal is to achieve the same elegance she created with this look. So keep it simple. If you have a dress that is all black and no embellishment add a statement necklace and keep the earring simple and if possible a small studded earrings. Or make the earring bold and fore-go the necklace. SIMPLICITY IS THE KEY.
As for the shoes, a pump, stilettos, capped or uncapped works just fine as long as you have the jewelry covered. And with this look (This is something i am usually guilty of, avoid over sized handbags… I happen to love handbags that can fit a castle and a mini earth in it. Basically my who life. But when trying to achieve this look. Use a clutch and a small purse.)
And finally keep your make up simple and natural…
From what i can tell; You are most likely to find these items in store. HAPPY HUNTING
WELL NOW, MAKE YOUR WAY TO TJ MAXX and go a–scoring
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored Post